DVD-RAM Drive Problems (Won't load,but no errors!)

BehindTheMask 00:02 26 Oct 08

Hello!
Recently, I've been having with my DVD-Ram Drive, a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SN-S082D if that's any help. I've had this laptop for almost 2 years now and, apart from the occasional problem with battery packs, has been great. However, over recent months the DVD drive's become worse and worse. It won't rip CDs without completely slowing down the computer and making every noise triple or quadruple (as in, one click = 3 or 4 clicks).

And, since installing a game with some technology to prevent copying (Call of Duty 4), is resistant to loading any DVDs or games put in. It says it may 'conflict with some disc and virtual drives'. The computer doesn't come up with any errors, but the drive makes terrible clicking noises, as if it's trying to load the disc but can't. And now, to get anything working, I have to open and close the tray about 20 times before the computer recognises the dvd and allows it to load.

I'm not the best with computers, so have no idea if I've given you too much info or too little, but anyone got any ideas? Is it just the drive's getting old or is there a issue with the firmware? And does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

All help much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…