DVD-Ram

Razbole 12:05 28 Jan 06

I want to take the content of my un-finalized ram disk to my Panasonic DVD drive which suports this format, copy the contents to hard drive then burn a permanent copy onto a DVD. If I try to do this then return it to the DVD recorder to finalize it will not recognise it, how can I get around this problem; any ideas?

malgall 20:05 28 Jan 06

the final dvd is it still ram or +/- r

Razbole 07:24 31 Jan 06

The three files that were copied are vr_mangr.bup / vr_mangr.ifo and vr_movie.vro

I believe the reason is the format is specific to RAM disks, so copying them to a different format of disk on a computer, then trying to use the recorder to finalize the new disk will not work. DVD recorders recognise the type of disk and know what format to expect.

You would have to convert the vr-movie.vro to standard mpeg, then author it on a PC. Nero vision express bundled with the full version of Nero 6 reloaded can do this.

I have played around with RM disks, expecting great things but I am a little puzzled by the RAM format. I have decided to keep them purely to record on the DVD Recorder standalone, watch and delete. Anything for editing purposes, i will use DVD-R or RW in V mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced