dvd-ram

Mitul123 18:54 08 Jul 05

what is dvd-ram for and how much does it hold?

Curio 19:29 08 Jul 05
  S5W 19:45 08 Jul 05

It is a simple user friendly storage system. It is used exactly like a large capacity floppy, each disk can be rewritten thousands of times and holds 4.7Gb on each side. Double sided disks are easily available (9.4Gb total).
I have been using DVD RAM for four and a half years and never had a duff disk, I am still using my original single sided disk which has been overwritten many hundreds of times. Write speeds are very slow by modern standards typically X3 and the system is not compatible with most other systems but this is offset for me by the innate versatility of the disks. I intend to hang on to mine for as long as I can.

wallbash 19:50 08 Jul 05

well put by S5W, I tend to think of them as my'mini' hard drives. Use and wipe , over and over again.

When using then to record tv programs, each member has their own, and this keeps the fights to the minium!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…