dvd ram

maccster 00:22 30 Dec 04

does anybody know of any 14 or 15" tv/dvd combo's that will play dvd rams.

SEASHANTY 00:39 30 Dec 04

Not aware of any. You could purchase one of the latest Panasonic DVD players which support DVD-RAM
discs and use that with a TV set
click here
click here

maccster 01:12 30 Dec 04

i have a panny downstairs but sometimes want to watch what ive recorded upstairs on portable. some times dvd players will play formats that it doesnt mention.

SEASHANTY 19:49 30 Dec 04

Yes agree - but not the cheap ones incorporated into combi portable TV's with a dvd player.

maccster 23:28 30 Dec 04

do you think then that the only option is to buy a separate dvd player and tv?

TomJerry 23:46 30 Dec 04

very very very few dvd player support DVD-RAM

SEASHANTY 08:38 31 Dec 04

Yes I do think the best option is a separate player and TV. Last time I checked the Panasonic S75 at Comet it was about £75. Considering that price you could get a DMRE55 recorder for around a £100 more.
You say that you already have a Panasonic recorder
downstairs - maybe another one upstairs? I have the DMRE85 and the DMRE60 and also a JVC dvd recorder.
All support DVD-RAM. Not exactly sure if Toshiba or Hitachi also support DVD-RAM in their recorders.

Catastrophe 10:01 31 Dec 04

SEASHANTY

maccster said: "i have a panny downstairs but sometimes want to *watch* what ive recorded upstairs on portable. some times dvd players will play formats that it doesnt mention."

Surely a £25 play back is the answer?

rotormota 10:19 31 Dec 04

I am a DVD RAM convert & there is a growing proportion of manufacturers supporting this format. RAM discs are multi-edit similar to a hard disk & far more flexible than + or -.

I have a Panasonic VHS/DVD recorder which is superb.

In addition I have a unboxed, sealed Panasonic DVD-S27 DVD player for sale (DVDRAM, DVD-R, WMA, MP3, JPEG, HIGH MAT compatible) if you are interested maccster?

Cheers.

maccster 11:33 31 Dec 04

how much would that cost my friend?

maccster 11:34 31 Dec 04

also what is a £25 play back that is mentioned?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…