//some 3rd party need geo

DVD RAM

S5W 19:10 21 Jun 04

In the August 2004 PC Advisor mag. there is an article by Robin Morris on page 22 in which he predicts the demise of DVD RAM. Mr Morris, is your prophesy correct or just a guess? The DVD RAM format is so simple and so user friendly as to make it superior to the others in all respects except speed. Your assertion that "the significant time-savings of DVD-RW/+RW outweigh the disadvantages of an unwieldy software interface" does not hold true with many users of DVD RAM and I would love to know whether you are writing from a gut feeling or with some definite inside knowledge. Then I can make my plans accordingly. Thanks.

jakimo 19:49 21 Jun 04

Demise of dvd-ram

A number of independent reports have made the same statement,so it must be more than a gut feeling

S5W 20:19 21 Jun 04

Gloom :-((

Curio 20:36 21 Jun 04

Toshiba have just brought out a new DVD Recorder That uses DVD-RAM and DVD-R disks. So if it is going it will not be for some time yet - I hope. I have just bought one.

terendak_uk 20:41 21 Jun 04

Perhaps it's like the VHS/Betamax "war"? In this case the main competitors are/were DVD-/+, and they compromised by bringing out dual R/RWs? I must admit , I had two early DVDRAM drives......they didn't go down well with users. WHy? Dunno, perhaps, the CD is an object "accepted", any change almost immediately going away from that disc is too much? Like the laserdisc? Only so much technological ramifications one can handle.I'm still nursing a lonesome two LS120s.....sob

S5W 16:15 23 Jun 04

Thanks for the feedback. Ah,the joys of progress.

SEASHANTY 09:33 24 Jun 04

Demise of DVD-RAM? I doubt it. Not with Panasonic and Pioneer still pushing it on their standalone domestic DVD recorders. Even Argos catalogue shops are now selling packs of DVD-RAM (Panasonic brand) at £14-99 for a pack of five. Slightly cheaper from
Panasonic E-shop but you then have postage to include click here

SEASHANTY 09:37 24 Jun 04

There is even a combi VCR/DVD recorder now available. Easy for transferring VHS/camcorder tapes direct to DVD disc on the one machine.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…