Dvd +R will not play on PC

Sandyums 14:52 17 Oct 09

Have transferred 1960's video to DVD +R , plays on the DVD player attached to TV, but will not play on PC? Will not download to hard drive.
Using windows Vista with super multi drive.
I am baffled ,.

Many thanks in advance

Sandy

BRYNIT 14:59 17 Oct 09

If you transferred the video using a DVD recorder attached to your TV have you finalised the disc.

Sandyums 15:21 17 Oct 09

No have't finalised the disc, just ejected its self when video stopped. Tried IMGBURN to convert but nothing happens?

eedcam 18:53 17 Oct 09

How did you record it and did imgburn se the disc if so did you try to close it the disc I mean

Sandyums 19:05 17 Oct 09

Recorded it by playing the tape then pressing the video to DVD record button, waited until it ended then removed the dvd, usual practice past dvd's have worked no problem, tested previous dvd and that works fine. imgburm did nothing, tried a few others still nothing.
Not sure my disc drive is reconising this dvd so copied second but still no joy. But they have recored as it works on the dvd player. Really need to get these on to an editor as they want updating.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Sandy

eedcam 19:30 17 Oct 09

ok so you have a dvd recorder and previous discs have been ok on the PC? have the been the same format ie +r

BRYNIT 19:44 17 Oct 09

You will need to finalised the disk first. This will prevent you for putting anything else on the disk but will allow you to play the disk on other DVD players.

Sandyums 09:55 18 Oct 09

Many thanks for all the advice, managed to save it to hard drive, but now have new problem. Its been saved as an ISO file? Tried to edit on Serif movie plus X3, not a reconised file any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance

Sandy

eedcam 15:10 18 Oct 09

Ok not a problem, exactly what formats does Serif accept if it accepts Vob (mpeg2) which is what dvd format is then just change your Iso file to a video ts folder. then use the Vob files. You can use dvd shrink which is free to convert to a video ts folder in fact if you just want to cut and join you can do that in shrink without converting then just save or burn to disc
click here#

Sandyums 19:11 18 Oct 09

eedcam you are a genius, I cannot thank you enough brill.
Files transferred to Seriff, was so easy again many many thanks.

Sandy

eedcam 19:49 18 Oct 09

Glad to be of help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…