DVD-R Software

stuc100 23:01 28 Jun 04

I currently use nero to make my cd-r's. This came with my cd drive and when I use it only options for cd burning are available.

If I buy a DVD-r/rw,etc drive will I need some new software or will the new drive be recognised and the option to burn dvds appear once installed?

The reason I ask is that I'm considering an OEM drive with no software (I presume that drivers will come with the Drive or are available?)

TomJerry 23:15 28 Jun 04

~

hugh-265156 00:33 29 Jun 04

if nero came with your cdrw then its oem. oem versions of nero have some limatations i believe. click here to upgrade click here for demos

mgmcc 15:33 29 Jun 04

The copy of Nero that was bundled with my CD-RW drive only works with that drive. It doesn't recognise my DVD RW drive as a recorder at all, even for CDs.

ventanas 15:41 29 Jun 04

I have a similar copy of Nero. Only works with the drive it was supplied with. So ditched it a bought full version of Roxio. Have no problems with the cd-rw and dvd-rw

R4 15:52 29 Jun 04

You can download a full or trial version of Nero 6 or buy and upgrade (you just get a valid serial number that unlocks all theoptions) to your OEM version from the Nero Site:-click here

Cook2 22:32 29 Jun 04

Nero 5.5.10.56 does DVD. You can download it from thier site via Downloads - Previous Versions.

It's two months since the update, maybe the last one because of Nero 6.

SEASHANTY 15:22 30 Jun 04

Fully endorse. Nero software which came with the
original drive is OEM and will not work if you install a new drive. You will need an upgraded version of Nero.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…