DVD-R RW Problem

2drewej 19:56 22 Apr 05

when i try to delete a file on a dvdr-rw it says its read only , nomatter what type of file it is , is there a setting i need to change (perhaps to my cd burner ??????

(ive tried disabaling read only on the folders but it says its not allowed ? )

ACOLYTE 20:14 22 Apr 05

When you copy files to cd/dvd it makes them read only so i think the only way to remove them is to format the whole disc.

2drewej 20:39 22 Apr 05

how do you format it ?

krazi kid 20:49 22 Apr 05

im using a dvd rw and wondering if it is possible to burn mp3's to it, i try to use windows media player and it doesnt read the dvd-rw, am i using the rong burning software or do i need to do something to the dvd, please help!

ACOLYTE 11:11 23 Apr 05

What software are you using to burn the files? this should have the option to format the cd/dvd-rw disc.

krazi kid,

I think you can copy mp3 files to a dvd-rw disc,but im not sure how to do it with media player as i dont use it.I wouldnt copy to a RW cd anyway,not if you wont to keep the files for a long time they are not as stable as a DVD-R disc.Also you may be limiting what you can play the disc back on by using a dvd maybe a cd-r would be better.

krazi kid 12:08 23 Apr 05

i have been using cd-r for a while and found i have missed songs out or wanted to add more, i find they use up much quicker, i am still unable to copy music files to dvd-rw and im not that bothered to how stable they are, i was told i must format the dvd-rw first before i am able to burn to it, would you be farmiliar with this process?

thanks for the help.

ACOLYTE 12:16 23 Apr 05

I am not sure about DVD-RW discs i have never used one,but i have used CD/RW and i have never had to format them before i copied to them,but to format a CD/RW disc you open your copy software and select the drive the disc is in and select format.

krazi kid 14:03 23 Apr 05

thanks ACOLYTE, i will be sure to use a cd from now on, it seems that the dvd rw is way to difficult.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…