//some 3rd party need geo

dvd r rw

spixworth 07:44 07 Jul 03

thinking of buying dvd r rw for pc to copy movies etc. now confused, whats the difference between dvd-rw and dvd+rw ?
thanks
kevin

leo49 12:37 07 Jul 03

Different formats requiring different media to write to - similar to the situation which occurred when home video recorders first appeared on the scene with the VHS v Betamax struggle for supremacy.Although in this instance I believe there are even more formats slugging it out to be adopted as the sole 'standard'.

The 'good news' is that at least a couple of manufacturers [sony and pioneer]produce drives which will write to either the formats you mention.

Regards

Chegs ® 14:36 07 Jul 03

Not meaning to highjack this thread,but WHICH? format would PCA members recommend.I have asked a similar question a while back,and was just wondering if the majority are still thinking along the same lines.

-pops- 14:42 07 Jul 03

Having recently bought a multiformat machine and tried both DVD+ and DVD-. Having played both types in my computer and standalone DVD player, I can't see any practical difference in quality of output.

I will therefore use DVD- disks as a norm for the very good reason that they are cheaper. If, and when, DVD+ disks become the more economical option, I will change and buy them instead.

Brian

crx1600 17:21 07 Jul 03

i have a dual-format +/- sony, but my first choice is still my old DVD-RAM drive.

the disks are rewritable 100,000 times, and it's fully intergrated into windows, and works as a removeable HDD/a 4.7GB floppy disk.

im tempted to upgrade from my old 1x RAM, to a 2x RAM(1x DVD-R) drive, £69 click here as the speed difference is significant.

but if you're only going to buy one DVD writer, the best advice has already been given, and thats the 'dual-format' (+/-) drives (currently around £170)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…