DVD r or RW + or -

rgtyfhr 07:02 AM 05 Dec 11

Can someone help me can I get dvd r or rw plus or minus with acapacity bigger than 4.7 gb. if so where from I need 6 or 7 gb min thanks

hastelloy 08:21 AM 05 Dec 11

You need dual layer - make sure your DVD writer can handle them. If it can't new DVD writers aren't expensive. I always use Verbatim Dual layer discs

eedcam 08:23 AM 05 Dec 11

dvd shrinkYou cant unless you get a dual layer which is a bit dearer. If this is for video you could compress with dvd shrink which is free with little or no noticeable loss in quality

rgtyfhr 14:40 PM 05 Dec 11

I am transferring film on tape to DVD will shrink help me in this situation if so, how?

eedcam 19:10 PM 05 Dec 11

Ok the film on tape are you using a combi Tape/dvd recorder or just tape to dvd recorder and not to PC first? If so shrink cant help. You would need to use dual layer discs or choose a lower quality on the dvd recorder settings. Or put it on a couple of standard dvd RW's then you can use the pc and combine to one dvd using shrink. Shrink would make a better job of compressing than your recorder as it will only compress by the amount neede as opposed to most recorders which have afixed compression ( some do have a variable) even if you were a few minutes over the standard 2hours let us know the method and we'll see what can be done

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay