yours is dvd-r/rw

jonnytub 17:58 10 Jul 04

sorry it's both +/-

SirGalahad2004 18:03 10 Jul 04

i allways use ritec dvd-r G04 4x ,never had a problem with those

jonnytub 18:06 10 Jul 04

top recomendation, i also use them and have also never had a problem

rambus 20:24 10 Jul 04

i had the same question two weeks ago. i am using a nec dvd writer. i have found that if i use "DVD-R" i get excellant copies which i can play on both pc and stand alone dvd player, if i use "DVD+R" I also get excellant copies, but....
they will only play on pc not on dvd stand alone player.
there are so many variables, disc makers, dvd players ect that i doubt you will get a definitive answer, so i would advise that you buy a couple of each type and try them on both pc and dvd player and see which works best for you.
your next question will be what is the best software to use, again no definitve answer depends what you want to copy.
hope you find this post helpfull, good luck.

SEASHANTY 20:28 10 Jul 04

Use DVD-R Verbatim 2x and 4x - but then I have to (or DVD-RAM) because I am using a Panasonic domestic
DVD recorder.

THE TERMINATOR 20:57 10 Jul 04

There are two dvd formats + and -. + is better dor video and - is better for data. Hope this answers your question....TT

son-of-a-gun 21:08 10 Jul 04

I'm using DVD+RW, they work in both the PC and
stand alone DVD player.

davidg_richmond 21:26 10 Jul 04

The + system is said to have better error correction and behaves much like a CD-R in use for data.

- has been around longer and has a much better compatibility with DVD players because of this, but most new players will take both to a large degree.

I don't really see one particular format replacing the other, as they look like they can live side-by-side peacefully unlike VHS and Betamax.

The discs you will find best for your recorder depend on your recorder (brand, quality) and recording speed. A cheap brand recorder and cheap brand discs may not be the best solution, whereas best brand/discs is expensive, so best just try and see what works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…