DVD +R Double layer disk

hgrock 09:30 06 Aug 05

i have a Phillips dvdr1670k drive it is supposed to use these double layer disk.i also use nero 6 but when i put one of these disk in the drive it only shows the standard dvd size saying that the size of the file is too large.
i have no idea how to use the double layer option i thought the drive would know, but it does not, although it writes to it i have to reduce the size of the file.
can anyone help?
george

€dstowe 09:36 06 Aug 05

First thing to try is update your Nero (from their website) so that it correctly recognises everything in your setup. The updates are in 3 or 4 files (depending whether you want InCD). They are large and only suitable for download on broadband.

hgrock 09:38 06 Aug 05

i have done have even purchaced the dvd plugin for £19

mattyc_92 09:39 06 Aug 05

Open up the "Nero SmartStart" option. Select the disk format you wish to create and select the DVD version option in that category.

Now Nero Express will be shown. When you are able to add files to the disk, you will see next to the indicator along the botton of the window a "Drop-List". Make sure you have selected the Duel Layer option (about 9 gigs). Once you have done this, you can add your files.

You can also do this in the "Nero Burning ROM" tool, but it will take abit longer.

Hope that helps.

hgrock 09:43 06 Aug 05

thanks mattyc_92 will try that, will let you know the results

mattyc_92 09:44 06 Aug 05

Should Look like this: click here

mattyc_92 09:45 06 Aug 05

Should Look like this: click here

mattyc_92 09:45 06 Aug 05

Sorry about the double post.

ACOLYTE 09:47 06 Aug 05

It will only show the size of the DVD as what ever it is so if its a 4.7 gig DVD thats what you see,the dual layer option should i think be
initiated by the copy software witch burns deeper into the DVD and then over the top of that burn so to speak allowing you to get more data on the DVD,is there an option to make a DVD9 burn? instead of DVD5,i don't use Nero but i would think there should be somewhere.

hgrock 09:51 06 Aug 05

there is an option dor dvd and one for dvd+vr don't know what the dvd+vr means yet

ACOLYTE 09:59 06 Aug 05

click here

Explains DVD-VR.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…