DVD +R disc will not play!

MartynHoll 16:15 21 Sep 03

I have successfully written some DVD video footage (Pinnacle Studio 8) and burnt it to DVD +RW using Ulead Movie Factory. It plays on my standalone DVD player as well as my DVD player in my PC.
I do exactly the same (same movie) and burn to DVD+R and the disc will not play on either my PC player or my standalone!
Any ideas?

-pops- 16:23 21 Sep 03

DVD writers are very faddy about the media they will write to. Ensure that the brand and type of disk that you're using is recommended by the writer manufacturer.

Chegs ® 16:34 21 Sep 03

Sounds like you have created your first coaster. :-)

Even with "burnproof" writers,occasionally media gets an error during/after creation.(poor quality dye,scuffs on the disc surface,etc)

DieSse 17:16 21 Sep 03

R and RW media are very different. It's entirely possible for your players to be quite happy with one type and not the other.

Have a look at this compatability list, click here - you will see maany players that will read one type and not the other.

And do a general search on google about DVD compatabilities if you want to know more.

MartynHoll 09:25 01 Oct 03

I have now resolved the problem. I am using Ulead MovieFactory to burn the discs and last night I checked the plug-in information and found that the plug-in I was using was an old one and did not support DVD+R! I downloaded the latest plug-in from Ulead and now all working OK.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…