DVD-R Burning

charian1 13:44 13 Aug 06

Hi, Can anyone help, i have been burning photo's & Music onto CD-R's for a while with no problems. I recently wanted to transfer all my cd collection to my i pod which i did and then make a back up disc of all the music files. I got some Sony DVD-R 16x 4.7GB and was successfull in backing up all my music using i pod's program. The problem is now i am trying to make copies of my photo albums and window movie maker files onto the same discs and whenever i try to burn them using windows i am told that there is a problem, and just will not burn. I have tried changing the speed to 4x but cannot burn the videos or any files. If i burn the same videos using a CD-r it burns okay but will only play on another computer not a DVD player. This is so frustrating as i thought that these disc were the same as CD discs only a lot more space. Can suggestions please??

James. 13:55 13 Aug 06

click here for info, which burning programme are you using?

Input Overload 14:04 13 Aug 06

I don't think the Windows burner works with DVD discs, you may need the likes of Nero, version 6 can be bought for a fiver or so.

€dstowe 14:10 13 Aug 06

Can you confirm you have a DVD writer installed? A DVD is a lot more than a high capacity CD.

You haven't stated that you have and a CD writer will not write to DVDs - and it is correct that the Windows burner doesn't write to DVDs.

charian1 08:20 17 Aug 06

This sounds really stupid, but how do i know if i have a dvd burner installed in my computer or not.. I know i have a DVD Drive and can play DVD's, all i know it says that i have a pioneer DVD-RW 104 . But the fact i am having problems trying to put data on a DVD-R will suggest that i dont is this correct?

Tanzy_uk 08:27 17 Aug 06

It sounds as if you have got a DVD burner as you wouldn't have been able to back up your ipod stuff, i would down load an evaluation copy of Nero from their website and try that.

tanz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…