DVD-R, all Regions?

Mr Computer 00:00 26 Feb 05

Can anybody tell me if a DVD-R recorded on a P.C. Region 2 recorder will play on a Region 1 normal DVD player. ie: are DVD-R,s Region sensitive?

TomJerry 01:30 26 Feb 05

the region coding can be set by DVD authoring software, but this facility is only available in some professional DVD authoring software.

Most home made dvd movies will be region free.

But there is another issue. The dvd movie made for UK will generally not work in US becuase two different video standards/format unless multi-format TV is used.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:59 26 Feb 05

click here and many other sites have hacks for standalone dvd players to make them multi region. If the player is in your computer then click here is one of the better ones and a quick Google will find you more.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:01 26 Feb 05

click here for other sites.

G

kjrider 11:07 26 Feb 05

Thanks for the 'Hacks' Gandalf.

Pity it doesn't apply to my DVD recorder Relisys RDVR250.

DVD shrink (freeware) is a useful little program for the PC that can copy re-author & change regions on DVDs.

Out of interest, what penalties can I incurr when I buy a region 1 DVD from the USA, using Ebay, to play in my DVD layer in the UK?

Cheers

Keith.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…