DVD-R

Joy 02:42 03 Feb 03

Have been given a couple of DVD-R with films on them. They will not play in my DVD player. Would like to play them on my computer but the DVD drive does not recognize them. Is there any way out of this?

Migwell 03:32 03 Feb 03

Have you checked which zone the DVD disks are for, they may not be to suite the same zone as your DVD player. This was done to stop imports of disks from the USA and other places that are selling disks at a lower price than those sold in the UK. RIP OFF BRITIAN again.

Joy 07:50 03 Feb 03

My DVD player is multi-region so no problem there. These DVDs are burned in a DVD drive which uses DVD-R discs as opposed to DVD+R discs and I would like to know if there is some magic software so that I can play them in my computer as they will not play in DVD player.

€dstow 08:06 03 Feb 03

If these are copies of commercial DVDs it may well be that the Macrovision copy protection is doing what it is supposed to do.

If it is not that, then DVD-R cannot be easily converted to DVD+R. This has been the cause of much controversy and the reason why recorders and players compatible with both systems are now being produced.

€d

Joy 11:03 03 Feb 03

Thank you. Don't even know if my computer/DVD player is compatible with DVD+R. What confusion again - Video Players scenario once more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…