DVD Protection

Staz 20:43 01 Jan 07

How can I add DVD protection like the DVDs you get in the shop? I want to add copy protection to a disc with a .exe file on it

Any help is much appreciated

€dstowe 21:46 01 Jan 07

Major manufacturers have, in the main, failed to do this successfully so I think you have no chance.

Devil Fish 22:00 01 Jan 07

copy file to hard disk use an archiver like winrar or winzip password protect it burn back to disk destroy origional

theory behind this i can back up a film in 45 minutes where as when a friend forgot a password on a zip file she had it took nearly five hours to recover the password

in short their is no 1oo% effective way to protect dvd's

Devil Fish 22:01 01 Jan 07

should add make sure the arched version is working correctly before destroying origional

Devil Fish 22:03 01 Jan 07

arched

Archive even

Staz 18:29 02 Jan 07

I know it's not 100% effective but at least it'll stop any old tom copying it. All I want to put on it is the normal DVD protection you get from a movie disc.

Also I can't put a zip password on it cos no-one will be able to run the file on it!

€dstowe 18:39 02 Jan 07

Copy protection systems like Macrovision are not generally available to the private user.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:53 02 Jan 07

...and Macrovision is double-easy to get round even without the many freely available programmes.

G

Staz 19:35 02 Jan 07

Is there no other sofware I can use?

I know macrovision is easy to get around but we're selling these discs to heating engineers who're not even good at that!

Miké 19:49 02 Jan 07
  Staz 21:15 02 Jan 07

That was an old question of mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…