dvd programe image to pen drive for netbook

Nessie 09:01 16 Aug 09

I am thinking of buying a netbook with no dvd drive. If I want to load a bit of software how do I get it from the dvd to the pen drive so that when i put the pen drive in the netbook it will start up as if I had put in the disc. Thanks

Technotiger 09:17 16 Aug 09

One of these would do the job much better - click here

Nessie 13:55 08 Dec 09

how do i use a pen drive thanks

retep888 15:16 08 Dec 09

What programs are you trying to install from a dvd thru' a USB pen drive?

It won't be easy and an extrenal USB dvdrw will be your best choice.

However if you have another pc or laptop with a dvd-rom in the same network then you can make that dvd-rom being shared and using that as a remote drive and install any software.

I still suggest you get a USB drive because the netbook won't come with with any softwares backup at all and you have to make a windows backup dvds or image yourself.

If you don't want to spend that sort of money and have a spare IDE or SATA internal drive,get one of this click here .

Nessie 22:42 08 Dec 09

thanks for your help. will try the network option. I thought you could just transfer the software off the dvd to the hd of a pc then to the pen drive then to the netbook hd then install. Want to put office on netbook thanks

InTheCity 08:51 09 Dec 09

For
£12.49
click here

six-h 16:16 09 Dec 09

I am thinking of getting a netbook, and wondered if you can use a USB external HDD with them??

Technotiger 20:56 09 Dec 09

Yes, you can use a USB ext hard-drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:59 09 Dec 09

I thought you could just transfer the software off the dvd to the hd of a pc then to the pen drive then to the netbook hd then install. Want to put office on netbook thanks

Yes that may work, however Microsoft often have protection that stops install of there products from a network drive (i.e. another hard drive or pen drive) necessitating the need for a DVD drive.

Strawballs 22:55 09 Dec 09

If you will be using more than 1 PC in a network make the optical drive in 1 of the others shared then put the disc in that and access the drive across the network, that is what I do with my son's netbook works fine.

Al94 23:12 10 Dec 09

Agree with ßeta, it is that simple, done it several times to install software on a netbook including Office 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017