dvd problems with xp

JAMIE_TROMBO 16:38 12 Mar 03

hi
can anyone help me please.
i have a gforce mmx 400 graphics card and i have asocket a k7s5a mainboard 1.3 ghz.
basically every time i try and play a dvd it instantly crashes the computer and reboots in safe mode,i cant use anything in 3d!!!!!!
could it be the bios settings if so where do i update this i have been on nvidia site and tryed to donload xp driver but it makes the moniter click on and off not allowing you to view
any suggestions please
cheers
jamie.

€dstow 18:30 12 Mar 03

How much RAM do you have?

DVD is very RAM hungry and can cause all sorts of stops, freezes and whatevers. System crashing is a bit unusual though but is a possibility.

€d

€dstow 07:51 13 Mar 03

Received by email

"hi ed, many thanks for your reply.
i have 256 mb ram. i dont havw a clue if that is enough,maybe you can put me in the right direction
cheers"

I'm not an expert in this but I would have thought that 256MB is a low figure for operating WXP only, without such memory hungry devices like DVD.

I would wait to get a more expert opinion before doing anything but more memory can't do any harm and will most likely do a lot of good. My machines have at least 768 MB and some quite a bit more.

Another point Jamie is can you reply via the forum pages rather than email? This is because you will get a variety of opinions that way and answers from real experts, rather than speculative ones like those from myself.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…