dvd problems with xp

JAMIE_TROMBO 16:38 12 Mar 03

hi
can anyone help me please.
i have a gforce mmx 400 graphics card and i have asocket a k7s5a mainboard 1.3 ghz.
basically every time i try and play a dvd it instantly crashes the computer and reboots in safe mode,i cant use anything in 3d!!!!!!
could it be the bios settings if so where do i update this i have been on nvidia site and tryed to donload xp driver but it makes the moniter click on and off not allowing you to view
any suggestions please
cheers
jamie.

€dstow 18:30 12 Mar 03

How much RAM do you have?

DVD is very RAM hungry and can cause all sorts of stops, freezes and whatevers. System crashing is a bit unusual though but is a possibility.

€d

€dstow 07:51 13 Mar 03

Received by email

"hi ed, many thanks for your reply.
i have 256 mb ram. i dont havw a clue if that is enough,maybe you can put me in the right direction
cheers"

I'm not an expert in this but I would have thought that 256MB is a low figure for operating WXP only, without such memory hungry devices like DVD.

I would wait to get a more expert opinion before doing anything but more memory can't do any harm and will most likely do a lot of good. My machines have at least 768 MB and some quite a bit more.

Another point Jamie is can you reply via the forum pages rather than email? This is because you will get a variety of opinions that way and answers from real experts, rather than speculative ones like those from myself.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…