DVD problems.

yogibear 23:32 24 Jan 07

I am trying to do some copying of some family DVDs I have, but every blank I try to use shows up as full. I know they are empty, my sone is using some from the same batch on his PC and all is ok.

I have checked all my DVD drivers, have uninstalled/reinstalled the burner, but still no joy.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

SANTOS7 23:38 24 Jan 07

Windows XP cannot recognise recordable DVD media but, provided recording is enabled on the drive , the available space should be shown for CD-R and CD-RW media.

Right click the drive, select Properties and then the Recording tab to see if recording is enabled on the drive. If you have more than one CD/DVD writer, Windows built-in "Recording" can only be enabled on one of the drives,good luck..

yogibear 23:45 24 Jan 07

Cheers, I've checked that, all seems to be set ok, but still no joy. As soon as I start to burn, Nero 6 with all latest updates, the drive ejects the disc as having insufficient space or full.

eedcam 18:47 25 Jan 07

You could use dvd shrink to make sure you are within size then burn with nero or get Imgburn that works well with shrink

postie24 19:02 25 Jan 07

In nero,make sure in the dropdown menu option,the drive is set for burning dvds and not cds

Postie24

yogibear 22:45 10 Jul 07

Sorted now, thanks for the help.

yogibear 22:47 10 Jul 07

Sorted now, thanks for the help.

postie24 13:29 11 Jul 07

Better late than never yogibear :))
Glad its sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos