DVD PROBLEM

palmol 20:55 20 Mar 03

I had 2 dvd software applications installed , InterVideo winDVD and powerDVD 4 XP,because each can play specific kind of formatted DVD movies …the problem occurred when I installed Power DVD 3.0 which automatically removed powerdvd 4.
Now I am unable to play a DVD movie on either softwares .
I have a pioneer DVD rom 106 with microsoft driver running it .
Note : I can run and install software from CD’s but I can’t play DVDs ...when I insert a DVD it shows the setup screen but I play the movie it gives the following message after several seconds :
Error code : 89020003
The DVD disc might have been damaged so as to inhibit playback operation.
In the detail section : Please clean the surface of the disc if possible. If it has been scratched, it might not be readable.
Could it be a druver problem or hardware problem .
Note that the dvd’s can be played elsewhere….so nothing is wrong with the disks..!!!
NOTE THAT SOME OTHER CDs are having some problems loadig up !!!

howard60 21:45 20 Mar 03

if it is xp you could use system restore to go back to before you loaded the problem prog and all should be well. Alternatively you could uninstall it and then reinstall the one you want.

rickf 22:00 20 Mar 03

Try uninstalling Power DVD 3 and reinstall 4XP. Why do you want to have version 3 when you have 4XP? Failing which uninstall both DVD softwares and start again. Hope this works. Its the only option I cvan think of at present short of a reformat and start from scratch. Hope this is not too depressing.

professor 22:36 20 Mar 03

do u mean the powerdvd that wasnt made for winxp?if you do mean that then its pretty obvious why its all gone mad powerdvd is not compatible with winxp you need the updated version of powerdvd for xp

prof

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…