DVD problem

Blubottle 10:46 31 Dec 10

I have been given a DVD movie burnt from a hard drive image but it will not play on my dvd player but it will play through my PC, can I rectify this somehow.
regards

OTT_B 10:56 31 Dec 10

Make sure that the session is closed when burning the DVD.....(look for the option in whatever software you are using to burn)

Blubottle 11:01 31 Dec 10

thanks for your reply, but as I said I have been given the DVD.

OTT_B 11:24 31 Dec 10

So you did....

The session not being closed is by far and away the most likely cause of the DVD not playing in a stand alone player.

Try putting the DVD into your PC, use explorer or 'computer' to look at the DVD files and see if there is an option to close the session. If you're using Vista or W7 it should be an option at the top of the window somewhere.

eedcam 15:47 31 Dec 10

The dvd should show as a Video_ts folder when explored on the pc If not then fraid you have had it as it is . however maybe all is not lost Let us know what format the dvd is in and you may be able to author and burn it as a proper dvd assuming it was not in the first place

Blubottle 15:58 31 Dec 10

The dvd is in Xvid maxspeed

Bris 16:37 31 Dec 10

Xvid is similar to Divx but is distributed free to personal users and is an MPEG-4 codec. Its likely that your PC has the codec installed but that your DVD player does not.

Blubottle 16:44 31 Dec 10

Thanks Bris, next Question can it be converted?

Bris 16:54 31 Dec 10

Hi Blubottle.

I was afraid you would ask that question.

I have not tried this but you could give it a go unless someone else can come up with a better solution.

click here

eedcam 18:08 31 Dec 10

DVD flick should do it its free bear in mid the coverted file (to Mpeg2) will be much larger than the xvid though flick should adjust to fit and burn to single layer dvd
click here

Blubottle 12:03 01 Jan 11

Many thanks one and all I will try all your suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…