DVD problem

Elwell 22:51 23 May 05

I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 107D which I have been using tonight with no problems. All of a sudden its only being recognised as a CD drive and rejects DVD discs. Presumably not a driver problem. Would appreciate assistance. Am using XP Home.

Thanks

Elwell 09:10 24 May 05

Now both the DVD and CD are gone - they are not recognised by XP. In device manager under properties there is the message .....

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

How can I repair the damage? System restore no good.

Thanks

DJ-Garry 09:26 24 May 05

Right click on 'My Computer' Icon on desktop and select 'Properties' then 'Hardware'. Click on 'Device manager. Right click the DVD drive and select 'Uninstall'. Click 'Yes' you are sure. Then turn off PC (Not Re-boot). On start-up, Windows should recongnise drive and set it up a fresh.
Good luck, Garry.

Wilham 09:49 24 May 05

Could be similar to a thread the other day....

click here

Elwell 12:09 24 May 05

Some success. Uninstalling didn't work but removing filters in registry did. I now have both seen by Windows but the DVD is still being seen as a cd drive.

Wilham 13:05 24 May 05

Your Pioneer 107D is, amongst other things, a CD drive.

If device/driver/uninstall followed by install using the original 107D CD... fails then I suggest go back to click here and check there are no upper or lower limits remaining on RHS screen in .../controSet001/...002/ ...003/ etc.

Failing that, have you remnants of Nero5 in your PC, or Nero6 ?

Elwell 13:13 24 May 05

The DVD drive came with the machine and there is no Pioneer cd - it uses XP drivers anyway and I have upgraded the firmware. There are no more filters in the registry. I do have Nero 6 installed. I have thought this might be a problem and considered uninstalling it. The odd thing is that the drive will play a DVD eg a film but rejects (in Nero) a dvd disc for recording.

Wilham 15:08 24 May 05

I expect you've tried a Nero6 uninstall,... any good?

My own trouble is a collection of fragmented drivers in my PC. It's my own fault for not clearing away old s/w before the new.

Good luck.

Elwell 16:08 24 May 05

The Nero uninstall wouldn't work so I had to delete. Now I'm tidying up. I'm beginning to think that my problems had more to do with Nero than anything else though I still can't understand why Windows behaved the way it did. Once I've got the machine straight I'll look for different burning software as I have had problems with Nero before. I think I'm almost sorted so many thanks for your help. I'll mark this as resolved when I am sure.

Elwell 19:41 27 May 05

Finally sorted. Removed as much rubbish from my machine as possible and uninstalled Nero. I found that the system aspi file configuration was incorrect (using Nero Infotool) so repaired that. Installed a later version of Nero and voila! everything okeydokey. Thanks to all for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…