dvd problem

bukkaz 22:49 07 Jun 04

Not a PC problem but anyone any suggestions.
Just got a DVD player,fitted to TV via scart. Menu comes up but no matter what I put in it says loading then after a while "No Disc".This is for DVD's MP3's ,CD's in short everything. Couldn't get through to manufacturer on helpline(surprise!).Any ideas would be appreciated.

Newuser4165 22:57 07 Jun 04

Return it to the retailer - it's their problem not the manufacturers.

hugh-265156 01:46 08 Jun 04

bring it back to the retailer with reciept.

magic word = 'faulty goods'

get a replacement.

bukkaz 02:00 08 Jun 04

I'm not exactly naive Huggy-it's that I got as a special offer through ISP provider and therefore it is them I am trying to get through to. Tried all afternoon with no success. Will try again in morning. Just thought I'd ask if anybody had any ideas of some thing elementary I had overlooked.
Will return with the receipt(remember i before e except after c and certain other cases)

hugh-265156 02:18 08 Jun 04

my upmost apologies bukkaz.not in any way did i think you naive my friend.sorry if i offended you :-)

i was remembering back a few months ago when i purchased a dvd player for a friend and upon testing the menu screens and playback of dvd`s(using a high quality ixos scart was distorted and blurred)

i brought it back to the store and explained as best i could in my humble opinion that it was 'faulty'

as i had tried different (lower quality) connector leads and a different tv set it also still gave the same problem.

the replacement player i recieved was fine.

bukkaz 11:39 08 Jun 04

cheers huggyn no offence taken reaaly. still can't get through so it looks like an e-mail correspondence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…