DVD Problem.

InZaNE_mOdS 21:45 08 Dec 03

First of all, i went and tried copying a dvd i made with my DV, with nero 5.5 onto another blank dvd. I click on the fly and at 2x speed. I click burn and it just freezes so i restart the pc. Then i go to my computer and the E drive, non copyable drive, is not visible anymore. So i restart and it is there again. why has it dissappeared for no reason.

BarryKeith 21:56 08 Dec 03

You have obviously not bothered to read the instructions for copying DVD's, you should never try and copy "On the fly", it's not a good idea with CD's that only have a fraction of the information contained on a DVD unless you have a very large amount of memory and the drives are on separate IDE headers. To try doing it with a DVD is just asking for trouble.

The Sack 23:54 08 Dec 03

I must be lucky then cos i can do from DVD to DVD at 4X on the fly. CDs will do it at 40X on my PC providing the source disc contains no C2 errors and only a few thousand C1 errors.

rent-a-cop 05:52 09 Dec 03

"You have obviously not bothered to read the instructions for copying DVD's, you should never try and copy "On the fly", it's not a good idea with CD's that only have a fraction of the information contained on a DVD unless you have a very large amount of memory and the drives are on separate IDE headers. To try doing it with a DVD is just asking for trouble." - rubbish-sorry.

InZaNE_mOdS 14:49 09 Dec 03

well yes. i have done it before, and now it just freezes. I have done it 4x on the fly too before. dunno why i cant now.

BigMoFoT 16:28 09 Dec 03

Yeah rubbish - I suspect it may be a fault with the setup/installation of the drive. If it keeps dissapearing then I would first update your motherboard/chipset drivers and the Nero Software as well as any Windows Updates. Also did you add the DVD-RW drive to your system or did it come with it? The point I'm trying to make here is; Is your PC compatabile with the drive?

Post back with some details and specs of your system!

InZaNE_mOdS 17:21 09 Dec 03

well i built my system about a month ago from scratch and chose the components myself. It is a 2800 xp athlon barton processor, msi kt4av mother board, radeon 9200 256ddr gfx card, 256 mb ddr ram, a dvd rw drive, and a dvd rom drive. and finally a 80gb hdd maxtor with 8 mb cache. Well it has worked before, and now it doesnt dissappear anymore, so i dont know why it did it yesterday.

BigMoFoT 17:34 09 Dec 03

LOL PC's eh! Who'd have em! I'd just make sure everything is connected OK and update as much software as you can!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…