DVD printable inserts

4wildlife 18:51 03 Oct 10

Does anyone know of a good 'DVD printable insert' program/download, (that l use to make my own DVD/CD inserts), l have bought 'EZ Easy CD & DVD Cover' but it is useless as it takes your picture and squashes it either side (elongates) making the picture look awful. I don't have 'Photoshop' and l am on 'windows 7'

Any help would be much appreciated.

mooly 19:30 03 Oct 10

Tell you what I do... I set up a template in MS Works as follows for an A4 page... you can do similar in any similar type program,

For standard jewel cases use following;
Front cover is 121mm * 121mm
Rear insert is 151mm * 118mm (5 by 7 crop is very close)

To set page for printing on both sides use page setup as follows;

Margins for CD fronts,
Left and Right @ 45mm

Margins for CD rears,
Left and right @ 29mm

All headers and footers at 5mm

Remember to set paper as A4, portrait mode. Use super glossy as paper type for reverse printing as bleed through is less.

You can print on both sides, just turn the paper over and print again.

You can set up a template for "double fronts" of 242 by 121 mm and do booklet printing too.
Much easier than all the so called jewel case programs I find.

hastelloy 19:30 03 Oct 10

I use Xpressit but whatever you use, if your original image isn't in the same proportion as the cover you're printing, there will be some distortion unless you oversize it in 1 direction and then trim it.

lotvic 20:46 03 Oct 10

Open Windows Media Player, on the toolbar at top click on 'File' in the list you will see 'Print Label'
click on that and follow the prompts, there are lots of free templates to choose from.

4wildlife 06:52 04 Oct 10

Thank you for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…