DVD Portables and laptops

Nickoftime 10:38 14 Aug 05

I'm looking to buy a portable DVD player with 2 separate displays for use around the home & when traveling. I'm interested in whether there are any which one of the displays could also act as a second screen for my laptop. However, not having bought a portable DVD player before I'm not sure about their display connectivity options. I've seen an example in Aldi (Tevion brand for ~ £170)but the screen is probably only around 7" or 8" and I think I's need at least a 10" to make the laptop application worthwhile. Can anyone advise on DVD player/display connectivity and if there are any players with larger displays out there ? Any other relevant advice also welcome of course (e.g. battery life vs display size).

Methedrine 13:13 14 Aug 05

I bought a Venturer PVS 17200 from woolies 2 years ago. Best £170 I ever spent. No fighting kids on car journeys. ACE.
Not sure about connecting a laptop. I think the screen is too small. As for connectivity, plenty of options.
The model I have has a AV in/out socket for connecting a vcr or tv. It also came with all the wires and connectors you could ever need. An example being that you plug the audio/video cable into the player, the other end of this cable is split into three colour coded "jacks" (yellow, red and white). These in turn connect into the supplied 3 phono/Scart adaptor and plug into the scart socket of the tv. An S-video out socket is also on the back of the unit.
Battery life is between 2-2.5 hours, basically you can watch a film and a half before the battery runs out.
Hope I wasn't too long winded and I hope it helps.

Meth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac