DVD plug in for Photostory problem

RD9 09:42 AM 09 May 12

Have used Photostory many times to make DVDs of holiday photos etc. After updating my computer to Windows 7, I can still use Photostory but I can't make a DVD. I have tried to reinstall Sonic's DVD plug in for Photostory, but get the message that I need DirectX 8a or later. Have downloaded the latest version of that & still no luck. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

recap 10:09 AM 09 May 12
  RD9 10:15 AM 09 May 12

Thanks Recap - ran the tool but no problems found

eedcam 10:34 AM 09 May 12

Can you not just create your video and used dvd flick its free to author and burn to dvd DVD FLICK

GroupFC 11:36 AM 09 May 12

Doesn't Win 7 come with DVD Maker (at least it does in mine) and couldn't you use that to burn your video?

muddypaws 13:29 PM 09 May 12

I use it with XP and I see PS3 plug in from the website it seems to be only for XP

RD9 13:30 PM 09 May 12

Thanks eedcam & GroupFC for your suggestions. Unfortunately, DVD Flick & Win & don't support Photostory - would have to start again from scratch.

eedcam 15:37 PM 09 May 12

RD are you saying photo story is incompotent and cant make a slide show or video and then export it in a proper format say avi or whatever .Gosh even WMM can do that

RD9 17:58 PM 09 May 12

No eedcam - I made the story but, was trying to use the DVD plugin from Sonic to make the DVD. None of the other burn programs would recognise it in the format I had saved it. However, I have now saved it in the format for playing on a PC & EUREKA, have been able to burn the DVD using the Win 7 application.

Thank you everyone for your help - I'm sorted.

GroupFC 19:01 PM 09 May 12

Glad you are sorted!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…