DVD plays on DVD player but not on PC

alba6 10:26 06 Nov 05

I have a BBC produced DVD (Gaugin: The Full Story) that I have tried to play on my PC using MediaPlayer and also RealOne Player. In each case the DVD opens to the intro screen but when I select 'Play' both MediaPlayer and RealOne stop with 'Program Not Responding'.
I am running under XP-SP2 and have had the same results on a friends PC.
The DVD plays perfectly on my TV using a normal DVD player.
Anyone got any suggestions?

jack 10:59 06 Nov 05

Try any of the many dedicated DVD player programs available [making the assumption the you do have a DVD player on the machine- I assume you have- because you got as far as opening screen]
Power DVD is probably the most common, but lots of freeware out there too-
A Google search will reveal aLL

alba6 09:34 15 Nov 05

I used PowerDVD that came with the EMachines PC and that worked

SANTOS7 09:38 15 Nov 05

click here
Not all DvD formats are played by MP10 by default you may need a codec to play it, the link will help..

dazza39 09:38 15 Nov 05

Alba,i posted something similar on a previous thread about this,i had same problem what graphics card do you have installed?.

dazza39 13:43 15 Nov 05

If you have Power DVD it should play ok?.

dazza39 13:44 15 Nov 05

Alba,i posted something similar on a previous thread about this,i had same problem what graphics card do you have installed?.

To add to my reply above,in the end it was my graphics that was causing the problem,appears the built in decoder wasn't compatible with Power DVD and WMP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…