dvd playing problems

Tanzy 22:59 09 Dec 04

I have a 1.2 gig celeron laptop with 256 mb of memory and 8 mb shared video. When ever I try to watch a dvd on it, the picture and sound stutters. I have tryed running norton utilitys and cleaned up the system in case the memory was being over used, can anyone help ?
Tanz

ICF 07:38 10 Dec 04

Have you got the relevant codecs installed?

Spanglish 08:56 10 Dec 04

What DVD player software do you have?

Tanzy 09:01 10 Dec 04

I currently use power DVD, I have had it working in the past, which was why I thought it could be a clean up problem.

ACOLYTE 13:03 10 Dec 04

Im no big expert on laptops,but it would seem to me that 8 meg video ram isnt really a lot to be playing DVD's with may be the problem,but as i said im no laptop expert.Can you make more ram available for graffix in the bios,i know you could on some Tower systems with shared graffix but i dont know about laptops.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 13:09 10 Dec 04

change the graphics aptiture in the bios to 128mb

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 13:19 10 Dec 04

restart pc hit del or f1 in some pc`s till bios appear,go to advanced bios cmos look down list for graphics aptiture oronboard vidoe memory, change to by hitting enter use up and down keys to change to 128mb push f10 hit yes enter away byou go that should do it hopefully

Tanzy 23:24 10 Dec 04

Unfortunatly I cant increase the amount of shared memory, however i have been able to play dvds on it in the past.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…