DVD-playing problem

firegamp 22:12 PM 08 May 11

DVD-RWs recorded by my Toshiba unit from TV programmes will not play in Windows Media Player. I know there is stuff on them, because I've played them on the TV, but WMP says there is nothing on them. The Toshiba has to format the discs before they will record, and recommends Finalising in order to play them "on other units". I've tried finalising and not finalising -- it makes no difference. The computer runs Windows 7 and the DVD player works fine for other DVDs, commercial and otherwise. Any clues, please? firegamp strong text

ams4127 23:05 PM 08 May 11

It may be that you don't have the correct codecs installed for WMP to be able to play the DVD.

I use Shark007 codecs which I downloaded quite some time ago. I can't remember where I got them from - sorry.

Try a Google search for Win7 codecs and you should find a few available for download.

canarieslover 10:22 AM 09 May 11

I have a Toshiba and have recently found problems reading the discs in my PC dvd player. I tried an external dvd and it was fine. Probably some incompatibility so maybe you are having a similar problem.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED