DVD Player/Burner Specification

Newuser939 01 May 12

I have a Samsung RF711 laptop and the DVD player is listed as a TSSTcorp DVDWBD TS-LB23D. I am sure that it will play (but not record to) blueray discs and play and record to most flavours of CD and DVD. However, I have not been able to find out whether it will record to dual layer DVD's. Does anyone know?

rdave13 01 May 12

Download SIW portable and click storage devices (on the left). On the right scroll down to the DVD optical drive. Some AV might complain about the program so you might have to allow it to run.

Newuser939 01 May 12

Thank you for that. Having run SIW, it appears that dual layer format DVD's are supported.

eedcam 01 May 12

Or install freebie Imgburn one of the best burneres around it will tell you exactly what you can play or burn also it will check for firmware updates . All you ne ot do is go to Discovery>Tools>drive> capabilities which shows all you can do Note you cant tick the boxes yourself then click on check for firmware updates at the bottom of the same display Imgburn

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message