DVD Player wont

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:29 07 Mar 04

I have a 16x DVD player and it wont play DVDs it will play music and load games and data cd's just wont play DVDs im using Power DVD3 i have patched it,i am on xp home am at a loss as to what to do have all the updates for g card and things
Doesnt even see the DVD in the drive.

Regards.

Diodorus Siculus 17:37 07 Mar 04

Did it ever play DVDs? If it did, and this is a recent problem, the laser lens may be worn out or dirty - try a cleaner.

arricarry 17:57 07 Mar 04

Hello - have you got nero 6.0 loaded?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:10 07 Mar 04

It used to play dvds only i havent played any for a long time ,just fancied watchin 1 and thats when i noticed it wasnt working,i dont have nero 6 installed i have 5.5.Can i use a regular cd lens cleaning cd or does it have to be a dvd 1?

Regards.

It used to play dvds only i havent played any for a long time ,just fancied watchin 1 and thats when i noticed it wasnt working,i dont have nero 6 installed i have 5.5.Can i use a regular cd lens cleaning cd or does it have to be a dvd 1?

Regards.

Regards.

Hicup in posting sorry lol.

Diodorus Siculus 18:42 07 Mar 04

Any cd cleaner should do it; at least the two I have used were for either DVDs or CDs.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:44 08 Mar 04

Right i cleaned it 3 times to be sure and it still wont play dvds onlt music and data so its either the dvd part that not working or a problem with the setup but everything seems ok,it wont even recognise a dvd when one is put in say no disc in drive.

Regards.

Diodorus Siculus 12:02 08 Mar 04

The fact that it won't recognise a DVD would suggest that the DVD laser has failed... but that is only my impression - others may know better.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:09 08 Mar 04

Would this not stop the drive working all together?

I have emailed Cyberlink and attached the log
in that is says the drive is not recognised and says it is a cd rom drive,so im getting a feeling i need a new dvd player.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…