dvd player woes

MidgetMan 18:41 05 Feb 04

Running win me, have got a samsung dvd sd616q, recently this drive has started to cause a blue screen with system error please restart message evry time a cd is inserted, on restart it is ok and works fine until you eject and insert another disc.

Recently up graded to dx9 so wondering if this is causing the problem, have looked around to see if there is a firmware upgrade but no luck.

Any one else had this problem?? or thoughts.

MidgetMan 19:19 05 Feb 04

>

gudgulf 20:44 05 Feb 04

You could use system restore to take the computer back to just before you installed directx 9.See if your drive works properly then.
If this doesn't help you can undo the restore.

Then try deleteing the dvd drive from device manager and restart your pc.Windows will detect and reinMaybe stall the drivers for it--this will repair any corrupt drivers.

Also check that the cables connecting the drive to the motherboard are seated properly.

gudgulf 20:46 05 Feb 04

That should read reinstall ---DOH!!!!

MidgetMan 08:52 06 Feb 04

Have already tried all of the above except restore which I am unable to do, mainly because I had to flush the restore files a little while back to get rid of a virus that had plonked itself there.

I am pretty sure that dx9 has caused the problem, it is getting rather annoying as I have a small network at home and every time I have to re-boot it causes my daugthers pc to lose its internet connection.

Any other thoughts anyone???????

gudgulf 23:00 06 Feb 04

Thats a shame because it is the best way to remove it.If you have a copy of directx 8 on a cd you could try installing that over the top of directx9. Dont know why but that resolved a few problems with some of my games when I first updated to dx9.

Also have you run dxdiag? that might reveal a duff installation or any other problems with your direct x settings.

MidgetMan 10:04 07 Feb 04

Thanks for that advice, will try it over th weekend, I did run dxdiag and it revealed no probs, so will try re-install of dx.

Will let you know.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…