DVD Player and DVD Problems

Keyla1001 00:26 29 Sep 04

My dvd player is set to region 1 dvd's and i purchased some dvd's from the states. All of them work fine except for two... The disks are a gold colour and do not work on this computer. What could be the problem?

2. One dvd (a golden colour disk)has 5 episodes of something on it. It plays through the first 3 fine. Then it reaches the 4th... it starts to get into the episode and after 20-30 seconds of the episode the dvd played gets "errors" and closes... if i try and skip a chapter it skips to every chapter untill the dvd is ended.
What could be the problem?

Thanks alot

Keyla1001 00:34 29 Sep 04

Sorry when i say
"One dvd (a golden colour disk)has 5 episodes of something on it. It plays through the first 3 fine."

Thats on another computer in the house, so sorry about that

kev.Ifty 00:38 29 Sep 04

I had some black cd-r's and of course one could not read any writing on the cd. so i scratched the name of the disc on the back so as to identify each one!

Great idea....Until i came to play them, none would work!

I assume the laser could see through the disc so could no longer read the data.

Perhaps this could be your problem?

Try holding it up to the light. Does the light look uniform coming through the disc?

Can you copy the disc to your hard drive and see if it will play correctly?

Kev

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…