DVD Player (doesn't)

Chegs ® 11:39 19 Apr 05

I have a Dansai DVD Player(only)It has been "chipped" by the supplier to play any format disc.I had thought it was my DVD burner(Pioneer106)that was causing my problems(no disc recognised by Pioneer)so bought a new burner yesterday.The DVD's I had stored on my PC were duly burnt,but then I found that no matter which disc(shop bought/home created)I put into the player,it couldn't read the discs.The player completely locks up(cannot eject the disc)until its turned off then back on and as soon as the lights flash(on player)hit eject button.The screen display often starts jumping about(TV)or just goes blank.

I reckon its due a trip to be repaired,but before it goes to somewhere(dunno who to take it to)is there anything I could try with it?

Philwane 11:43 19 Apr 05

Try going here see if they can help
click here

Chegs ® 13:51 19 Apr 05

click here

Its a Dansai 1010,was looking thru these posted comments and there is a firmware upgrade(but all links fail)and this "hack of Setup, FFwd,Prev,Next " but my machine does nothing(probably cos I'm pressing wrong buttons)

Chegs ® 16:24 19 Apr 05

Right,got hold of the firmware(and found how to work the Hack above)and its states...

Using Nero follow this...

Start Nero.Use the Wizard to make Data CD.When the browser loads, find your 2 downloaded files 1010 bin &1010 cue.Drag and drop 1010 bin to the ISO 1 new column.The bin file is the only file you need. Click on file, from the dropdown menu click burn image, change the default nero img file to (all files) you should now be showing 2 files 1010 bin & 1010. Highlight the 1010 bin file & open. A new window opens saying foreign image settings Data mode 1, (make sure RAW DATA is ticked its important) and block size 2352 is displayed .
Click ok, another new window, click BURN, When its burnt turn off Nero. Put the disk in your ROM drive & open, you should see 2 files 1 img file (bank 30) & 1 read me, open and print instructions from the read me.
Macrovision can also be switched off when you put the 1010 hack in.

Only I cannot find howto do this in Nero 6?...

"Highlight the 1010 bin file & open. A new window opens saying foreign image settings Data mode 1, (make sure RAW DATA is ticked its important) and block size 2352 is displayed ."

Chegs ® 16:31 19 Apr 05

Got it!

Nero used and .BIN file burnt.

Chegs ® 17:15 19 Apr 05

Only the DVD Player wont read ANY disc,so the flash file is useless for me.

If I insert a DVD,the player sits there stating "Disc Loading" but does nothing else.I have to switch off/on to get the disc back.

If I insert an MP3 CD,the screen goes jerky.

If I insert the flash CD,the screen goes jerky.

Looks awfully like this player has died,so gonna give Tesco's a ring and see what they suggest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…