DVD player codes

tonyx1302 12:23 18 May 07

I have an old Sony DVP-NS355 stand alone dvd player that will not play some region 1 Errol Flynn films that I have brought from the USA.

I have searched via Google but all charge for the codes. Does anyone know please how I can get the remote control code hopefully for free, or at a reasonable price as some sites I have visited want about £20 and as I have only brought three films this seems very expensive.

Many thanks

Tony

skidzy 12:43 18 May 07

Some tips and hacks for you Breitling
click here

1, Put a disc in player and put player onto welcome screen.

1, Hold magic button down until DVD button on remote flashes twice.
2, Press 994.
3, Press Magic button.
4, Press 1891.
5, Repeat steps 1 to 3, then press 2552.
6, Repeat steps 1 to 3, then press 0953.
7, Repeat steps 1 to 3, then press 2214.
8, repeat steps 1 to 3, then press 0795.
9, Remove disc from the player, then put player on stand by.
10, Press 12345 (success will be displayed and comes out of stand by.
11, Press 12345 (player goes into stand by and your player is now region free).

YOU CAN ONLY NOW CONNECT YOUR PLAYER TO YOUR TELEVISION BY SCART LEAD AND NOT AV CABLE OR IT WILL PLAY IN BLACK AND WHITE.
From click here

A start for you Breitling.

skidzy 12:46 18 May 07

You will need a Oneforall remote control to hack this player.

Just in case you want a paid version to change the settings click here

rodriguez 13:03 18 May 07

I did this to my Philips DVD recorder and it worked fine, it's just that it still outputs the video of American discs in NTSC instead of PAL (most DVD players however convert it, but mine doesn't). If this is the case with yours, it will end up coming out in black & white as skidzy said. It will also look slightly stretched, or if the TV doesn't display a 60 Hz picture, it will just roll and be unviewable.

tonyx1302 15:38 18 May 07

Thanks skidzy/rodriguez for your help and sorry for the delay in replying. After swotting up on your info I don't think I will go the hacking way and as I really don't need another r/control, I am going to go for the paid version...£6 and on special offer.. as kindly suggested by skidzy'y second post.
Hopefully I shall be watching my newly purchased E/Flynn dvds shortly
Many thanks again

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…