//some 3rd party need geo

dvd player

northy 16:41 26 Mar 03

i have power dvd,and windows media player, but cannot ply dvds on my dvd rom ,i am using win xp home edition ,have been prompted to download latest win runtime ,have done this ,and installed but dvds will not play ,has anybody any ideas ,how to overcome this problem ,or is it bill gates playing up again.
peter
ps xp just keeps saying to send report to microsoft,the xp home edition ,was supplied with my dell package.

Lord_Anubis 16:46 26 Mar 03

I have pretty much the same set up, though i was never prompted to install anything. Is it that the DVD application does't recognise the DVD or does an error occure.

northy 21:18 26 Mar 03

power dvd says ,another application using runtime,has got to be shut down ,or reduce resolutions.or download latest drivers,my p.c. is 1 year old.
windows media player says ,it is not possible to play ,dvd. if i was running win me,i could play all the dvds i liked ,its just xp ,getting reallly pissed off with it .dictating what you can and cant do all the time.
peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…