DVD playback problem

Photographica1 08:34 27 Jun 05

Hi all, I have a bit of a mystery. I use powerDVD to watch dvds on my PC and up to now have had no problems. When I play a DVD I get a black image area. I can hear it but cannot see it!
I can play videos in Divx, and my TV card still shows TV (although that will not play DVD either (Showshifter).
I reinstalled powerdvd and the graphics card (Leadtek A310 - Nvidia FX5200) drivers but that has not solved my problem.
Any ideas?

fazer 12:47 27 Jun 05

Try going into the menu system of PowerDVD and go through all the tabs within properties. Ensure that the correct graphics driver is showing. You can also try reducing the "video acceleration" slider.

Photographica1 14:25 27 Jun 05

I tried that thanks, unfortunately it did not work. Any other ideas?

De Marcus 14:41 27 Jun 05

make sure dma is enabled on the drive still

zarobian 15:13 27 Jun 05

How much Memory (RAMs) you have got. Re-
check the size if it is still the same as you installed.

Also check the Device Manager if there is any yellow (!) or (?) mark against Graphic card. DMA is also an important factor as suggested by De Marcus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…