DVD playback problem

DMAN 21:38 21 Dec 04

Hi,

I just installed a dvdrw into my computer and also Nero software. This was OEM and came with NEC dvd drive. When inputting a disc and trying to play it media player doesn't play saying there it is unable.

This is annoying and I can't get it to playing using the nero software as it says I need a plugin which has to be purchased.

What do I do? Help please

Salinger 21:47 21 Dec 04

Have you got a software DVD player?

DMAN 21:51 21 Dec 04

What do you mean?

Salinger 21:53 21 Dec 04

To play DVDs you need a programme like Power DVD or one of the free software players.

DMAN 21:54 21 Dec 04

so windows media player can't play them?

Salinger 21:57 21 Dec 04

Never really tried playing via WMP Someone else can probably give you a definitive answer. (Maybe it is missing codecs or summat)

DMAN 21:59 21 Dec 04

I tried through WMP but didn't work....Is there any free software i can get from somewhere?

greenlamp 21:59 21 Dec 04

no it doesn't have the codecs that are required [microsoft saves a little on licence costs by not including them]. they are available for purchase by download, or installing one of the players mentioned will install them, so you can then either use the player or media player.

dieselnc 22:00 21 Dec 04

is it nero 6 ?if so it has a player called nero show time!

Salinger 22:01 21 Dec 04

Just tried a DVD in WMP - plays fine - but I also have PowerDVD installed.

DMAN 22:01 21 Dec 04

yeah...but it won't play using that either....It's oem software and asks you to purchase a plugin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…