DVD playback no sound

Julemand 05:06 10 Mar 05

I have bought a plextor DVD recorder and a plextor DVD drive. I have no sound when I play a dvd film. playing a cd is fine. Win XP, sound ac97 on motherboard. When I open the software for sound
CMedia there 2 choices Headphones or analogue. I have cables from both drives to my motherboard which is about 3 yrs old any ideas.

Diodorus Siculus 07:53 10 Mar 05

What software are you using for playing DVDs? You may need to install some audio codecs for DVD.

Diodorus Siculus 07:54 10 Mar 05

Free-Codecs.com :: Download latest audio codecs, video codecs, codec packs and tools, FREE!
click here

Julemand 20:17 10 Mar 05

Many Many thanks Diodorius Siculus that was a great link you gave me. I have downloaded and installed xp codecs nad now I have sound when I use Windows Media Player. I have also Nero Showtime which I like better but ther is still no sound. I think maybe you have to buy the codecs. The thing I am< confused about is what codecs you can install in your computer. does it depend on your sound setup or can you install any codec and how do you know if they are correct? Does anybody know a good Dvd software player (free)that is better than Windows Media Player.

Diodorus Siculus 20:54 10 Mar 05

DVD player software, DVD/video player software, free downloads, codecs
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…