Dvd playback

Les Humphreys 12:27 01 Feb 05

I have just installed a dvd burner (NEC 3520A) & find that both Media Player & Inter Actual Player are calling for a decoder in order to play a dvd.
My Radeon 7000 video card spec sheet tells me that it has a 'built in DVD playback saves the cost of buying a decoder card'
Anyone know how to activate this, or do I have to buy a software decoder?

ACOLYTE 12:33 01 Feb 05

Im supprised InterActual player doesnt have its own decoder,most dvd software does.But this
click here should have all the codecs you need.

ACOLYTE 12:39 01 Feb 05

click here may help also
quite a big list click here
But i think the pak i linked to should help but you may wont to read these first.

Les Humphreys 15:37 01 Feb 05

Thanks for the links ACOLYTE, the K-lite standard pack seems interesting. I had already found the Inter Actual site, but I've just noticed the 'My computer profile' link and this tells me that I have a Nero decoder - NeVideo.ax - but for some reason neither programme can see it.
I'm told that you should avoid having two decoders on board, so I had better sort the Nero one out first.
Thanks again for the help
Les

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…