DVD photo disc

joelmb 15:34 13 Apr 05

Hi. I've just bought a new DVD-rw drive and some discs and want to try creating a DVD containing all of my photo's, for backup and also I'd like to view the pictures on my DVD player, ideally with a thumbnail manu of the images which would be clickable to enlarge each pic...

If I just create a data DVD will I have menu's to view the image files when viewed on the player? Or do I have to get hold of some extra photo gallery software to create what I want?

Diodorus Siculus 15:47 13 Apr 05

With a data dvd you will be able to see each photo in succession; for the thumbnailed gallery you will need a special program - someone may be able to suggest a tried and trusted option.

TomJerry 15:58 13 Apr 05

backup and viewing, it is better to separate these two tasks.

if you view picture from data DVD, it can only be done if your DVD player can handle jpg files, not many can do this, some support directory structure, some do not, under directory, you can navigate to the file you want to view.

Generally, it takes long time to open each file becuase your picture's resolution is high and file is big. TV's resolution is only 720x576 (DVD quality), so it is better to resize all your photo to this resolution just for showing purpose. small files will be quick to open and display

the best way to view pictures is to produce slideshow movies using program such as proshow gold click here

quack 16:24 13 Apr 05

I use Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 which does the job easily and without any problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…