FIBREMAN 19:21 31 May 04

Hi all the problem i've got is when i used to insert a dvd into drive windows would give me options on what i would like to do i.e play dvd,copy dvd etc. These options no longer appear and i was wondering how to turn them back on as i must have disabled them without knowing hope someone can help many thanks in advance.

christmascracker 19:33 31 May 04

Go to My computer and right click the appropriate drive, click on autoplay and select DVD movie from the drop down box. Put the dot in 'select action to perform' and highlight what you want it to do.Click apply then OK.

FIBREMAN 20:04 31 May 04

Thanks for that christmascracker tried as you suggested but still not happening is there anywhere else i could have unchecked a box i just used to insert dvd in drive and it would ask me what i wanted to do this was very handy have tried selecting prompt me for action to perform but when i insert dvd still nothing hope you can think of something else cheers

christmascracker 20:43 31 May 04

Have you tried clicking the 'Apply defaults' box?

woodchip 20:55 31 May 04

you could try removing the dvd player from Device Manager and it should detect it when you restart and reset it to your default

bazb 21:10 31 May 04

Open My Computer

Right click on the DVD drive

select properties, then a autoplay,

remove the dot from "Select an Action to Perform"

click on the "Prompt me each time to choose an action".

Charence 21:58 31 May 04

Go to MY COMPUTER > right click RELEVANT DRIVE > PROPERTIES > AUTOPLAY and select the option box "Promt me..." > click OK.

FIBREMAN 23:13 31 May 04

Thanks to everyone for their input but it still doesn't play or give me options have to open win dvd or media player to play dvd's i can,t think why it doesn't do it anymore obviously something i've done at some point if anyone has any more suggestions i'd be most grateful i do recall clicking "TAKE NO ACTION" option once would that make it think i didn't want to use these options again and if so how do i reset this grasping at straws now!!!!!! it's no big deal anyway can still play cd's and dvd's but it's annoying me i hate the p.c beating me (should be used to it by now) thanks again.

the Rascal 06:07 01 Jun 04

Go to this page and have a look at the last question on the bottom click here

Hope this helps Regards

FIBREMAN 13:45 01 Jun 04

Cheers for that Rascal now working a treat downloaded reg. entry my one went missing!!!! had a prob with a reg. cleaner a while back this could have caused missing entry thanks again bye.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…