DVD not working

rawprawn 16:57 24 Apr 03

After a serious crash & having to reinstall Win XP Home, I have everything working except my dvd. when I try to play a dvd I get an error message send/don't send to MS & Power DVD will have to close. According to my computer everything is working, no problems with the decvice manager or anything I can find. I have uninstalled & reinstalled Power DVD but no luck My cd player works OK (CD & DVD are combined)Any ideas please.

Paranoid Android 17:52 24 Apr 03

There is a patch for PowerDVD in Windows XP :

click here

Marvin

rawprawn 19:27 24 Apr 03

Thanks, your link was for Power DVD 3, but I also found one for Power DVD 4 which is what I have. I downloaded but when I tried to install an error occurred which said that mine was either out of date (which it can't be) or didn't exist. Somehow my computer seems to believe that the software is not there

woodchip 19:50 24 Apr 03

Remove Power DVD copy the CD to the Hard Drive, Start in Safe Mode and run the software from the copy Setup file

rawprawn 20:09 24 Apr 03

Thanks I will try that

rawprawn 20:47 24 Apr 03

When I try to install I get the message "An installation support file C:\docume~1\admin~1\temp\{6811caa0-bf12-11d4 could not be installed. Access Denied. Any further suggestions would be greatfully received.

woodchip 22:39 24 Apr 03

Clear your Temp folder and try again. Make shure AV turned of

rawprawn 07:41 25 Apr 03

Before I try again, how do you copy the cd to the hard drive. I put the cd in & held down shift then opened E: copied & pasted, I'm sure there must be a better way, thanks for helping.

temp003 08:19 25 Apr 03

Just a thought. Did you reinstall over the existing copy (i.e. without formatting the hard drive). If so, have you reinstalled Windows Updates (such as SP1). If not, try that.

Reinstalling over an existing copy takes all the system files back to the original CD state, which may sometimes be out of sync with certain program files. You need to reinstall Windows Updates anywy.

Just don't install the latest update 811493 - which is very problematic for some computers.

rawprawn 08:27 25 Apr 03

I formatted the HD & then reinstalled windows then SP1, I have installed 811943 without problems but I was having this problem before I did that

rawprawn 09:33 25 Apr 03

I have tried as you suggest, but no luck. I get as far as the license agreement & then it freezes the only way I can go then is ctrl/alt/del to get back out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now