DVD not working

lintony 10:30 17 Aug 03

I desperately need someone's expert help. I have a Packard Bell computer, using Windows XP. It has a DVD player which uses Power DVD. When I click on the icon the screen and player appears but when I put in a DVD it doesn't play. I get a message saying "Internal error".

I have never had any problem using the DVD player before and don't know of any reason why this has suddenly happened.

I am hoping that someone out there can help me.

JIM 11:44 17 Aug 03

You say,this has suddenly happened.TRY systems restore which should return to how it was,unless you have a hardware fault.

lintony 12:34 17 Aug 03

Jim
I have done a system restore but still not working. You say it may be a hardware problem. I have only used the DVD player about half a dozen times so how could it suddenly develope a hardware problem and how can I rectify this?

JIM 12:44 17 Aug 03

Do not be alarmed by me saying it may be a hardware problem,just a prcautionary term to the following.

As you have the same result from a s/restore would suggest you uninstall the software reboot the system then reinstall.(see if it improves)

Failing that turn to the hardware by removing the device(dvd) from device manager,reboot and let winxp find it again and reconfigure the Dvd.

JIM 12:52 17 Aug 03

Ishould have asked before,is it the same for all disks you play.Also what make of DVD you have.

lintony 13:56 17 Aug 03

Jim
My DVD is PowerDVD which came with the computer.

JIM 14:09 17 Aug 03

make of DVD ,what manufacturer? PowerDVD = Player software package as well usually.

lintony 14:17 17 Aug 03

Jim
My computer is a Packard Bell and all I know is that the DVD is Cybernet Power DVD. Sorry I can't give you any more info about it. I am currently download an update patch from Cybernet and am keeping my fingers crossed that it will do the trick. I can't find any uninstall icon for it or I would try your previous suggestion.

lintony 14:22 17 Aug 03

Jim

I should have said that the DVD player is CYBERLINK 3.0 not Cybernet.

JIM 14:24 17 Aug 03

See what the patch will do,no problem.You should find uninstall for the power dvd software in the start programs menu,or better still in the add/remove programs in control panel if problem still exsist.As long as you still have the software package to re-install later.

lintony 15:58 17 Aug 03

Jim

Had no luck with the powerDVD patch. When I tried to install it, I got a message saying that my version is either outdated or I don't have a previous version om my system. All of this of course is nonsense. My computer is only 18 months old. I can find no uninstall or install. The PowerDVD is part of a programme called my Imagining Studio and doesn't appear on the Add/Remove programmes. My computer is about to go out of the window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…