dvd not recognised

nobbie 19:21 26 Jun 03

hi all, i have pioneer dvr105 oem fitted with win xp pro. it will play dvd movies , but it will not recognise my blank dvd's, using a check tool from pioneer site it says that all the firmware is up to date . The blanks are bulkpaq orange 4x discs which according to e-buyers website (where the unit was brought)the reviews seem to praise these blank media, am also using nero 5.5.10.28.
any ideas thanks

-pops- 19:27 26 Jun 03

Update your Nero. Current version is 5.5.10.35

-pops- 19:28 26 Jun 03

Note also that DVD burners are very faddy as to what the will write to. Use media recommended by the manufacturer.

Philip2 19:29 26 Jun 03

Did the Nero software your using come with the drive?? as some drives will only work with OEM software.Is the jumper set to slave or master.

nobbie 19:31 26 Jun 03

jumper is set to slave, nero was bought seperately

-pops- 19:53 26 Jun 03

Even if you bought Nero brand new, it still needs updating to be able to recognise recent models of burners. click here

It is common practice to have CD/DVD burner set as master.

Brian

nobbie 20:01 26 Jun 03

off to work now, will try it in the morning,

nobbie 16:58 27 Jun 03

i'm back, -after a grueller at work :-0
anyway i upgraded to nero 5.5.10.35. and when i try to copy a dvd to dvd i just get that the media is not large enough and i should insert another blank media that is large enough, even though i just want to copy @ 2.91 gb onto a blank 4.7 gb disc, myself, i'm just putting it down to media compatibility, but do not (at the moment ) have any other brands to try, unless anyone has any other ideas.
thanks

y_not 17:07 27 Jun 03

but have you selected the DVD burner?

I am using Cd & DVD burners on same PC - I have to select which I am going to use or Nero assumes that I want to use the same one as the last time I burn (which in your case may have been CD burner?)

Like I said - silly question but I had similar problems at the start

nobbie 17:10 27 Jun 03

at the start the wizard gives the option CD or DVD the DVD is selected

Amyfa 17:43 27 Jun 03

In Nero on the top toolbar click recorder then select the one you want to burn with

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…