DVD not reading some discs

Taurus 13:14 20 Feb 05

HI all, I recently got rid of my cd-rw in favour of a DVD burner. At first all was well, but suddenly the drive failed to read a number of home burned CDs. Exploring the disc results in an empty folder regardles of what is actually on the disc.

Any ideas?

Dave

Totally-braindead 13:27 20 Feb 05

Have you only got one optical drive on your computer, if not try the other drive and see what it says, failing that try the disks on someone elses computer, if their computer reads it you'll know its the disks that are faulty rather than the DVD burner.

gerriecah 14:01 20 Feb 05

I have had the same caused by a bootable disc. Have you tried booting from them.
Another point, could they have been burned using InCD, normally if that is done it will show the contents but you cannot copy from them unless you are using the drive that they were "burned" on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…