dvd no go

johnat31 18:04 11 Feb 03

System etower c633cd, 256 meg memory, Lite-on LTR-16102b, LG dvd_rom 16102b, 100 USB Zip Drive

I have a strange problem that has occurred within the last weeks. My dvd drive is not behaving as it should. When a dvd data disk is inserted, on some occasions it will not read resulting in the loss of the icon in control panel. I have to keep rebooting till I can access the disk. I Also have problems lately with the Lite-on recorder (scsi and fixation errors). As I have indicated the problem started recently about the time I installed the Zip drive. Can anyone Help me with this problem.

J Shaw

redelf 19:25 11 Feb 03

Rule no. 1 for new problems ; if you recently installed any new hardware or software, and you get problems soon afterwards, guess where to look ? Have you tried un-installing the Zip drive and any associated software, then seeing if your previous setup performs ok ?

johnat31 11:02 12 Feb 03

thanks for your response I have tracked down the prob. I was browsing the web and discovered that the intel accelerator has a few bugs, having installed this a few weeks ago it seemed a likely candidate so I uninstalled it, everything ok now.

kind regards
J S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…