dvd-multi region on laptop?

moby58 13:33 13 Apr 03

my new compaq laptop only allows a few plays of MULTI REGION DVDS....then you're stuck with region 2..why?what's the reason?thanks...

Ironman556 13:52 13 Apr 03

So you can't buy DVD's from other countries which are usually cheaper than you can here.. or rather you can, but they won't work. It also protects against some copies i think. Some DVD players will play milti-region, others will be locked. If you do lock the DVD drive into the wrong region then flashing the drive with the firmware avaliable on the manufacturers site will let you select regions again, but it can be risky and stop your drive from working if it goes wrong.

A15 14:55 13 Apr 03

How old is the drive? & what model is it? I ask as on some of the older drives the region protection was easier to get around, & some drives region protection can be bypassed with software so you do not have to flash the firmware.

Tty these for some more info:-

click here

click here

click here

click here

Hope one of these is of some help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…